rsync

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Wed Apr 27 16:53:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 09:09:58AM +0530, ajay wrote:
> can u tell me  syntax of ".hostrc" what for "-DD" do.

.hostrc is a file you can put in your home directory which has usernames and
passwords for remote sites.  Ncftp (and friends) can use this file so that
you don't get prompted for a username and a password.

For Example:

$ cat .hostrc-example
host www.example.system
user dave
password thisisnotmypassword

And according to 'man ncftpput':

 -DD Delete local file after successfully uploading it.

...depending on your application, you may not want to do this.

> do i need gateway on m/c i run it or it will run through proxy also?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | Public Key: