rsync

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Apr 28 17:54:14 UTC 2005

ajay wrote:
> i am sorry i use ncftpget and after login i enter in "tivimtech" folder i
> want all data from "From Macmillan" folder but instead getting these errors.

It's VERY difficult to follow you, Ajay.  Please bottom post in the
future (put your comments AFTER what you're commenting on as I am doing
here).

Let's get some terminology straight and make sure we understand what
you're trying to do.

Let's call the machine you're sitting in front of (the local machine)
"systemA" and the remote machine "systemB".  I'm guessing you want to
get ALL of the files from some user's account on systemB into a
directory on systemA.  If that is the case, then create an "ftpcred"
file in your home directory on systemA that contains these three lines:

	host	systemB
	user	name-of-user-on-systemB
	pass	password-for-user-on-systemB

Then, create a directory under your home directory systemA where you
want the files to go.  Let's call it "sysBfiles":

	mkdir sysBfiles

Now, you can do the get by executing

	ncftpget -f ftpcred -R sysBfiles *

ncftpget will try to log into systemB as the user specified in your
ftpcred file and, if successful, will pull all of the files from that
user's home directory and put them in your "sysBfiles" directory.
-   "I was remembering the immortal words of Socrates when he said,  -
-   'I drank what?'"                 -- Val Kilmer in "Real Genius"  -