Password aging

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Thu Aug 18 00:21:26 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 06:46 pm, Allen, Jack wrote:
> I have AS 4 64 bit installed. I have tried to enable password aging, but
> can not get it to work. I have used the chage command to change the
> expiration day. I can show it should have expired by doing "chage -l
> login_name". When I login I do not get a warning, and I am not asked to
> change my password. Is there some other configuration file that needs to
> be changed to enable it? The system is configured with shadow and md5
> encryption.

From;
man chage

       The  -E  option is used to set a date on which the user’s account will
no longer be accessible.  The expiredate option is the number of days since
January 1, 1970 on which the accounted is locked.  The date may also be
expressed in the format YYYY-MM-DD (or the format more  commonly  used  in
 your area).  A user whose account is locked must contact the system
administrator before being able to use the system again.

Did you set this?