PHP with MSSQL support

Chris Mueller chris.mueller at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:16:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was recently trying to install phpBB on a fresh installation of Red
Hat Enterprise Linux, and was hoping to connect it to our central
database server that is running MSSQL. When installing phpBB, I
received an error stating "The PHP configuration on your server
doesn't support the database type that you chose."

So I'm wondering if the Red Hat PHP installation supports connections
to MSSQL by default. (My guess is that it doesn't.) Any ideas what I
would need to do to make the connection between PHP and MSSQL?

I've looked briefly at FreeTDS, but it looks like I might need to
reinstall PHP from source in order to make that work...

Thanks,
Chris