Help - Red Hat

Peter Cheng Peter.Cheng at northford.com
Mon Aug 22 15:33:41 UTC 2005

Dear Red Hat Friends

I have a crashed Red Hat Server AS 3.0. The server shut down and
restarted this morning. The Red Hat Startup process completed with many
Failure messages. Ethernet 0 & 1 were both not accessible. CD-ROM,
Floppy and USB are also not working at all. X Windows Starts OK and all
partitions mounted properly.

Some of the Failure messages in the System Log are:

*     ntpd: failed

*     network: bringing up interface eth0: failed

*     network: bringing up interface eth1: failed

*     xinetd(1494): warning, can't get client address. Transport
endpoint is not connected

I am currently using Kernel:  Red Hat Enterprise AS 2.4.21-4.ELsmp and
Red Hat recommends to upgrade but we have not upgraded yet.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Peter