Setting up Raid 1 disks

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Aug 22 18:27:08 UTC 2005

john.bergeski at alpsautomotive.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to the Linux world(Windows Admin) I am trying to install Redhat
> Enterprise Linux (V4). I need to setup RAID 1 on the disks(2-73GB &
> 2-146GB).
>
> Anyone have any step by step instructions? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

I'm assuming you want software RAID1.  The installer should allow you
to set that up.  When you get to the disk partitioning screen, select
the "manual (disk druid)" mechanism.  It'll ask you some fairly simple
questions and allow you to set up the RAID on your two pairs of disks,
then you'll partition them and use them.
-                Huked on foniks reely wurked for me!                -