Kerberos Help Needed

Greg Julius fromRHIL at outtacyte.com
Mon Aug 22 21:24:27 UTC 2005

Hi Rick, Thank you.

<Massive Snip>
>> OK,  Some general questions:
>> My linux server is supposed to be running Kerberos and maintaining the
KDC,
>> correct?
>
>No, your PDC is the KDC.  The Linux machine is a kerberos client, not
>a kerberos server or controller.

OK.  If my PDC (the Windows 2003 ADS system) is my KDC, then which services
should be running on my Linux machine?
Clearly I need winbind and samba running, do I need krb5kdc or kadmin as
well??

If I should be running krb5kdc and kadmin, then do I point the kdc
paramerters to filesrv2.ocinternal.local (which is the Win ADS/PDC machine)
and simply delete the kdc on the Linux Machine?

Thanks again for your responses.

-g