NFS help

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 13:32:22 UTC 2005

The point is it is magic.  A protocol exist through out the network where as
addresses are resolved by some one.  Routing tables and everything are
constantly being updated and changed according to what is up and what is
down and what has changed.  Networks are not static and they do change, well
something has to keep up with these changes the DNS and routing tables are
the means by which this is done, I am not saying that you can't have static
addresses on the network, but whatever address is reported is the address
that the DNS will report and I think that what you are saying is confusing.
If your server has a static address it is reporting that to the DNS and that
address will be reported.  The DNS only reports what is reported to it as
the address.  The assignment of dynamic addresses is done by the DHCP and
that is the relationship.  So what you are saying is confused and frankly
out of sorts.  That is why I don't understand what you are saying.  There is
a relationship between all elements of the network, but the main element is
to resolve addresses so that you can send messages where ever you have
access freely so if your server changes it IP address it will get reported
with the new address and the DNS is not broken your server is broken.  The
DNS does not assign addresses get it.