System SLOWS

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Tue Aug 30 04:23:08 UTC 2005

I'm runnnig rh 9  and every once in awhile it just goes into
limbo for about 5 seconds then comes back for a minute or more.

If I log in a root I get error messages about HDH and SCSI not
being ready and ATAPI not beign ready and things timing out (I'd
copy the screen but my mouse doesn't work on a command line
screen).  It's making it difficult to even send an email.

I know rebooting  will make it go away for a little while but
then it comes back.

ANy solutions?

Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.