Fedora Installation

Byju M byju126 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 00:16:04 UTC 2005

Hi All,
           I am trying to install the Fedora on Pentium 4 mahine and the mechine has alreday Windows XP Home Edition, my requirements are as follows.

  1 . need to Partition the disk for installation of fedora and also need to preserve the XP Home Edition.
  2. I tried to burn both CD / DVD iso files as a bootable disks, but when I tried to boot from CD/DVD , the bios shows that Missing Operating System error. For buring the CDs, I used Sonic Digital Media software.

  I could find the steps to burn CDs using the Linux OS, but i didnt see any steps to make bootable Fedora from Windows.

  If anybody could provide me, the exact steps how to burn the CDs and what are directory structure to be burned, it is more appreaciable. Also pease let me know abt how to perform the partition.

  Thanks in adance,
  Byju