httpd requests

Janis Ozolins janis.ozolins at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 19 14:06:25 UTC 2005

Oliver B. wrote:

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I think http requests will be filtered on my system. I've installed
>>>RHEL4AS with the latest updates. Apache 2.0.52 is running.
>>>
>>>When I fill in the data in a form that uses POST for verifying the data
>>>submitted, the data is lost. On other systems the PHP script works
>>>properly.
>>>
>>>The basic configuration of httpd.conf I had copied from an other
>>>system...
>>>
>>>Has anyone an idea?
>>>
>>>Thanks a lot
>>>
>>>Best regards
>>>Oliver
>>>

>>Any indication of trouble in /var/log/httpd/error_log or
>>/var/log/httpd/access_log?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>

>Hi Bob,
>
>there's nothing special in the logs. Just the normal access log and no
>errors reporting in the error log.
>
>Regards
>Oliver

I think this may help you more. Make the a file called for example
*info.php* with following code:

<head>
<title>PHP info</title>
</head>
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

and put it in your html documents folder

/var/www/html

When this is done, type in your Internet browser line

http://yor.domainname/info.php

On next page will be shown all info what PHP understands on your box. If
error_mode in PHP is turned off, for fault finding better turn it ON.

I hope this should help.

--

Regards

Janis