FC4 install failure

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Sat Dec 24 17:58:37 UTC 2005

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005, Bob McClure Jr wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 09:24:54PM -0700, brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> > I just downloaded and up graded from FC2 to FC4 on reboot I get
> > the following error:
> >
> > /usr/bin/ssh-agent: error while loading shared libraries:
> > libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object file: no such file ro
> > directory
>
> My FC3 installation has /lib/libcrypto.so.4, but my FC4 installation
> has /lib/libcrypto.so.5, and I use ssh-agent.  I think you need a new
> ssh-agent, not an old libcrypto.  Check to see if you have the latest
> openssh-clients installed.  Mine is openssh-clients-4.2p1-fc4.1.
>
> > Also, the old version (FC2) is not an option during boot and the
> > network isn't working so I need some help getting this file to
> > where ever it's suppose to be on this drive - I'll need to burn
> > it to CD as it's a notebook w/o a floppy drive but where do I get
> > it and where do I save it?
>
> What's wrong with networking?  Maybe we need to fix that first.
>
> Once it's networkable, see that yum is installed (rpm -q yum) and then
>
>   yum update openssh*
>
> > Any other problems that you think I may have going on?
>
> - xscreensaver has been split into three pieces, but only
>   xscreensaver-base gets upgraded.  Install
>   xscreensaver-{extras,gl-extras} RPMs.
>
> - /etc/updatedb.conf is set by default to NOT update daily.  Fix that.
>
> - Upgrade of Perl removes some of the old library paths from @INC.
>   You will probably need to install some missing modules from CPAN.
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brad Mugleston, KI0OT
> >
> > There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
> > understand binary and those that don't.
>
> Merry Christmas,
> --
> Bob McClure, Jr.             Bobcat Open Systems, Inc.
> robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
> Peace begins not at a Mideast table, but at a Mideast stable

Bob,

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you to.

I think I left one small but important part out - the system
crashes with as soon as I log in (which may be the cause for the
network not showing up).

After sleeping on it I think what I need to do is disable ssh for
now so I can at least log in and get going - maybe get connected
for some updates.  I can log in under as slightly disabled login
(forget right now what it's called).  Can you advise how to shut
down ssh for now, if you think that would solve my current
problem.

Have a great Christmas.  It's a beautiful Christmas eve here in
Colorado.

Brad