Messed up PCI Again

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Sat Dec 31 19:35:44 UTC 2005

I previously posted something about my HP laptop running FC4 suddenly
giving PCI conflict messages during boot, and those keeping my WLAN from
working. I fixed it by doing a re-install of FC4.

Well, I did it again! Last night I let yum do a kernel update. I think
that's what did it, as now I'm getting those same messages. The wired LAN
still works, so I have net access on the machine.

How do I go back to a previous version of the kernel? RH8 used to ask me
during boot which version I wanted to boot. My installation of FC4 doesn't
do this. Is there some file I can edit to tell it to use a previous
version (if it's still there) or a way to re-install the previous version?

THANKS!

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com