IA64 Install Problem

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Feb 10 19:41:24 UTC 2005

Smith, Albert wrote:
>>>Believe it or not I read a book...
>>>
>>>On an IA64 (HP Integrity system) apparently make bzImage was replaced
>>>with make compressed
>>

>> Ah.  Hmmmm.  I've never used an IA64 so I'm not surprised I didn't know
>> that.  Sorry 'bout that, chief!  Did the rest work correctly?
>
> Yup it's chugging away...

Good.  Adding "make compressed" to my list of "gee, that's odd!" stuff.
Oh!  Wait!  I remember why now...the IA64 booter doesn't grok gzipped
stuff, only good old Lempel-Ziv "compressed" (filename.Z) format.

(slapping head) DOH! :-p

By the way, Albert, we prefer bottom-posting here on the list (add your
comments AFTER what you're commenting on).  Makes following the logic of
the message thread easier.  This message has the thread reformatted to
reflect bottom posting.  I think you can see it's easier to follow the
flow.
-                He who laughs last thinks slowest.                  -