Grub does not appear

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 02:16:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 01:19:56 GMT, Nofriyadi Nurdam <nofri at luk.or.id> wrote:

> Hi Gurus,
>
> I had RH9 and Windows XP on my computer. Both were running well. I used GRUB
> for booting.
> Then I installed Windows ME. After installing, GRUB does not appear so that
> I can not use RH9 and Windows XP.
> Can you tell me what I have to do so that I can use RH9, Windows XP and
> Windows ME on my computer.

It's most likely because the Windows ME installation over wrote the
partition that you had grub on, replacing it with it's own boot
manager. Their boot manager doesn't know abou tLinux so it won't boot
it.

You need to read the dual-boot HOWTOs on the net for good instructions
on how to get this set up properly.

Good luck,
Mark