Kickstart Install via HTTP

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Sun Jan 2 19:51:23 UTC 2005

RUSHE John (AXA-TECH-UK) wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> Sorry about the disclaimer, alas I don't work in the email team so I am
> stuck with it I'm afraid.
>
> The error I get during the kickstart install is:
>
> 10.190.111.21:45116 is an invalid hostname
>
> It's almost as if kickstart doesn't recognize the port specification in
> the URL. I can reach the directory fine from a web browser. Apache is
> running and there are no firewall rules blocking this port/IP
> combination.
>
> I have tried switching apache to listen on port 80 and running the
> kickstart again (minus the port 45116 in the url) and it works fine so I
> am happy that the kickstart itself is ok. Very puzzling....

I lost track of this...which version of RH is this again?

There was an issue with port numbers not being picked up correctly on
some versions, but I can't recall which ones they are.  If that's the
case, you'll need to use port 80.  Sorry about that.
-          Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.           -