No Hard drive device found at Fedora Core 3

mylar micros50 at computer.net
Wed Jan 5 16:18:51 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 09:05, Emanuel Mauritzson wrote:
> Having problems again,
>
> Red hat 9 didn´t support SATA harddriver. But Fedora Core 3 should.
>
> But i get the same message  No Devices found and then the system reboots.

I had a similar problem trying to install fedora Core 1 on a machine
with SATA drives. Some systems have a BIOS setting you can change which
will make the SATA drive appear as standard ATA IDE drives. I wound up
having to switch to this mode for the install and then I had to switch
back after the install in order to get Linux to boot.

I've since installed Fedora Core 3 on the same machine and it recognized
the SATA drives no problem.

Mylar