FC3 and StarOffice 5.2

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Thu Jan 6 04:14:56 UTC 2005

Hello Folks,

Could some kind soul please tell me if FC3 (with kernel 2.6.9, I think.
The kernel that comes with the distro anyway) has any problems with
StarOffice 5.2.

I am currently on FC2 with kernel 2.6.6 because FC2 with kernel 2.6.8
clobbered StarOffice 5.2. Wouldn't run! I had to regress to kernel 2.6.6
to get StarOffice 5.2 working.

Why worry with SO 5.2 you might ask. The simple answer is "I like it in
preference to OO" Also, I have a whole heap of stuff written in SO 5.2
and want to stay compatible with some other users of SO 5.2

I have been sitting on the FC3 CDs for some time now but want to upgrade
to Evolution 2 so now is probably the right time, BUT... not if SO 5.2
gets clobbered in the process.

All information and experiences gratefully received.

Kind regards, Graeme Nichols.
It is a period of system war. User programs, striking from a hidden
directory, have won their first victory against the evil Administrative
Empire. During the battle, User spies managed to steal secret source
code to the Empire's ultimate program: the Are-Em Star, a privileged
root program with enough power to destroy an entire file structure.
Pursued by the Empire's sinister audit trail, Princess _LPA0 races ~
aboard her shell script, custodian of the stolen listings that could
save her people, and restore freedom and games to the network... --
DECWARS