Fedora Core2 software

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 19:44:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 10:40:14AM -0800, asko mursel wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking for some DVD burning software,

You probably already have some, such as xcdroast, but look in section
4 of

http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/table.shtml

for lots more possibilities.

> and antivirus software for Fedora Core2.

Linux is immune to the vast majority of viruses.  If you machine is a
mail server for any Windoze boxes, you might want to install Clam
Anti-virus

http://www.clamav.net/

and AMaViSd-new

http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

For spam, you should install SpamAssassin

http://spamassassin.apache.org/index.html

> I'm new to Linux,
> so could someone let me know where to find some of the
> popular ones.
> Thank you,

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com