problem to login from Linux machine console with NIS+ accounts

Chen, Douglas Douglas.Chen at Micrel.Com
Thu Jan 13 23:12:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

Thank you for your help in advance.

I have setup NIS+ for all the Redhat Linux machines here. The NIS+ server is a Solaris machine.  There
is no problem to remote login to all the Linux machines with NIS+ account. But if I try to login any NIS+
account from Linux machine console, it complained about the account and password. I even tried to create
a local account with same account name, but it complained that the account is existing. Is there anyway
I can make it work so we can login from Linux console with NIS+ account?

Thank you again for your help.

Douglas