auto start eth0?

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 14 17:32:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 03:56:14PM -0000, ajay chaudhary wrote:
> hello everybody
>
> tell me where are enteries for services are stored to auto start , as i remember /etc/inittab ot /etc/rc.d but i am confused in this,

It's in /etc/rc.d/init.d, but that's for networking as a whole.

> suppose i do not have a gui utility to check on autostart like in red hat and suse. where should i go to autostart service.
>
> i have redhat 8.0 and one of three nic's eth0 to not get autoactivated, and every time i have to ifup eth0 when computer starts

I gather that the other two NICs start up correctly, right?  If so,
the place where each NIC is configured is
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethx, where "x" is 0, 1, 2, etc.

Post your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and we'll try to help

> tell me the way
>
> regards
>
> ajay

Cheers,