question with server

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jan 14 19:19:37 UTC 2005

GoijI P wrote:
> Sorry if this is off topic to you and it may be but could not keep
> myself from bringing it up.
> Like to select a platfrom as server between linux or MacOX server.
> In general , which is preferred?. any experience with either one?.
> clients are all going to be all windows. World only sees either linux
> server or MacOX server. My concern is security for PC windows clients.

I have no experience with MacOS X servers.

I'm unclear as to what your concern is for the Windows clients.  The
server has no effect on their security if it's a pure client-server
model.  It's up to the client to enforce its own security.

If you're worried about the security of the server itself, ANYTHING is
better than Windows.
-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -