Still can't get the sound working

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jan 14 19:27:44 UTC 2005

Asmir Murselovic wrote:
> Sorry to bother you guys, but I'm new to linux.
> Can you tell me how to run amix or gmix?

To run gmix and you are running the Gnome desktop, right-click on the
speaker icon at the bottom of the screen and select "Open Volume
Control".  When the gmix window opens, make sure all of the sliders for
PCM, Line, CD, Video, Phone, Aux, Capture and any other possible input
sources are all the way up.

To run amix, type in "aumix" at a command line.  There are other mixers
you can use at the command line:

	amixer		(clunky)
	alsamixer	(easier to use)

Have fun.
-                   "The bogosity meter just pegged."                -