sound issues

Ken Scott kens at geodax.com
Mon Jan 17 20:20:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 14:31, Broz wrote:
> I lost the sound since updatind to 2.6.10-1.9_FC2.i686
> kernel. I checked the alsa mixer and everything is all
> the way up and no mute is checked.
> Can anyone help me out here?
> Thank you,
> Broz

Can you still boot into your old "sound-functioning" kernel?  If so you
might see what sound driver was loaded there to see if the 2.6 version
of the same one is being use in the latest 2.6.10-1.9 one.
Was your previous kernel a 2.4.x or an earlier 2.6.x kernel? If 2.4
there are a number of other differences which might be the culprit.
Post some before/after details and others can better assist you with the
problem.
Ken S