FC2 to FC3 or FC4 upgrade

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 23:30:31 UTC 2005

--- Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/7/05, Otto Haliburton
> <ottohaliburton at comcast.net> wrote:

I recently upgraded from RH 9 to FC 4 and it was
successful.   But my first try was with FC 3 and it
did not work.  In fact the upgrade did not even start.
 For some reason the boot script, for FC 3, did not
recognize my keyboard.

So if it’s all the same to you and if you’re having FC
3 trouble you may find it useful to upgrade to FC 4
directly.  But, if you care about PHP versions and
prefer PHP4 to PHP5, then FC 4 may not work for you
because FC 4 is the first installation that comes
bundled with PHP 5.