Revocery of Gurb password

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jul 8 20:52:54 UTC 2005

SoftNet Technologies wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I want to recover password of grub on my pc, Please tell me to what
> should I do.

Boot off the rescue CD, let the system mount the existing system as
/mnt/sysimage, do a "chroot /mnt/sysimage" and reinstall grub via
"grub-install".  Then enter "exit" twice (once to get out of the
chroot, once to reboot the system), pop out the rescue CD and let
it come up normally.
-     Squawk!  Pieces of Seven!  Pieces of Seven!  Parity Error!     -