How to set gurb password

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jul 12 20:14:46 UTC 2005

Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 04:23:33PM +0100, Chris Hewitt wrote:

>>>Whose password?
>>>
>>>If root's password, boot with the install CD to rescue mode (enter
>>>"linux rescue" at the boot prompt), let it find your installation and
>>>mount it on /mnt/sysimage.  Then
>>>
>>>  chroot /mnt/sysimage
>>>  passwd
>>>  exit
>>>  exit
>>>
>>>Pop out the CD and it should boot normally.
>>>
>>>If some mere mortal's password, root can change it using
>>>
>>>  passwd <some_user>
>>>
>>>"man passwd" for more info.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>
>>>From the subject line,
>

> Aww nuts!  I gotta read the subject line, too?  Sorry.  I failed to
> Read The Full Question.

Lash him to the gratings, me hearties!  30 lashes with a wet linguini!
Then we make him walk the blank (CD)!

Arrr!  Arrr!  Yo ho ho!  And a bottle of Bacardi 151!
                                             -- The Software Pirate

(sorry, getting punchy after a month of 18 hour days, 7 days a week)
-  A friend said he climbed to the top of Mount Ranier.  My view is  -
-    that if there's no elevator, it must not be that interesting.   -