Upgrade using kickstart

Sam Folk-Williams sam.folkwilliams at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:29:48 UTC 2005

Hi,

If you are simply upgrading within the same release (RHEL 3) from one
U to another, just use up2date -u -- you don't need to do a new
install. The upgrade option at install time is intended for one
release to the next (RHEL 3 to RHEL 4, for example). up2date -u should
bring you up to the latest release.

Sam

On 7/26/05, Govind C <govind at mc-3.org> wrote:
> Folks,
> Can I upgrade Redhat Update 2 to Update 5 using kickstart.The kicstart
> has the option of upgrade. extract of my kickstart file
>
> #Upgrade existing installation
> upgrade
> #
> #
> #Partition clearing information
> clearpart --all --initlabel
> (Wondering this line would delete all my existing partion,meaning its
> more like a fresh installation? am I wrong?)

Sam Folk-Williams, RHCE
http://predisposition.com/stuff