console issue

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jul 27 16:37:21 UTC 2005

Smith, Albert wrote:
> Try modifing the grub.conf file and at the end of the kernel line append
> with the following information:
>
> console=ttyS0 console=tty0
>
> This should help you as long as your console are at 0

Albert, we prefer bottom-posting on this list.

Don't forget to give the serial port settings you want as well,

	console=ttyS0,9600n8 console=tty0

The serial port stuff is "portname,BBBBPN", where "BBBB" is the
baud rate, P is the parity (e, o, n) and N is the number of bits
to use.  "9600n8" is 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity (and is the
default).  "115200e7" is 115,200 baud, 7 data bits, even parity.

- Life:  That which happens while you search for the remote control. -