sendmail

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Thu Jun 2 21:56:24 UTC 2005

Greetings ajay,

ajay wrote:
> ok mr stevens pls. tell me which particular file is responsible for it and
> what where to put entries if username, password and pop mail server.
>
> before i used to use vpop3 , there i know where to put these , here i need
> your help

Ajay is it possible that you want to fetch emails from your  POP Server by
using sendmail ?

If that's the case , then the answer is that that's impossible since
sendmail
is unable to fetch emails from a POP Server , so there is no sendmail
configuration file , where you can put a username and a password in
order for sendmail to be able to fetch emails from a POP Server .
In that particular case you need an "Email fetching programm" and
not  sendmail .

Kind Regards,
    Kostas