Installing RH 8.0 Professional on an IBM x-Series 346

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 9 15:36:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 09:01:25AM -0400, Krueger, Robert Paul (Bob) wrote:
> Help! assistance needed ASAP,
>
> I am looking to install RH 8.0 on an IBM x-Series 346 server. The 346
> did not come out until after RH 8 was not supported so my problem is
> that I need to find which are the correct drivers to use for the server,
> the RAID card used is the ServeRaid 7K, P4 Xeon processor, the IBM hard
> disk used is an IBM PN FRU 90P1309.
>

> Any help for finding and using the correct drivers in order to load and
> run RH 8 on this server would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Is there some reason why you must use RH 8.0?  It has been
end-of-lifed for some time, and so should not be considered secure by
any stretch of the imagination.  Any reason you can't install Fedora
Core 2 or 3?

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
God is more interested in our availability than our ability.