vpn server

Ted Potter tpotter at techmarin.com
Thu Jun 9 17:37:17 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I have an opportunity with a client. They currently use a NT box for
file storage and as a vpn server. Some folks work from home, vpn in to
the server and bla bla bla.

Since NT is no longer an option and W2003 server OS is running about
$1500.00 for fifteen users (go bill go!) I was thinking perhaps a linux
box could be installed.

Trouble is I have no experience using a linux box as a vpn server.

I am OK with the samba stuff so I am not concerned about that (well not
a lot).

Since I have some hardware in my shop I can do testing here but need
pointers to get started.

My preferred method would be to create a test system in my shop since
the final system would be placed in a production environment.

Thank for any ideas !!

--
Ted Potter
tpotter at techmarin.com
www.techmarin.com
Read My Headers - This IS a linux desktop application