Source RPMS

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 11 21:36:32 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 11:37:27PM +0300, vpv wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Linux. I need to install source on a Linux machine.

Why?  I've been in Linux for years and it's been years since I needed
the kernel source.

> Is the Kernel source RPM available in the redhat FTP site?
> If not where else is it available.

If you must, check out

http://www.kernel.org/

but I don't think you are going to get what you think.  You can't
build a kernel unless you have Linux installed.  What you more likely
want is

http://fedora.redhat.com/

> I got this machine to work on
> but  there is no distribution CD available.

Check out KRUD

http://www.tummy.com/Products/krud/

It is a superset of Fedora Core 3.  You can buy a single issue (4 CDs)
with all the latest patches and bug fixes for only $12.  I have a
subscription (monthly issues of the latest) so I can easily keep my
five Linux machines up to date.

> regards
> vpv

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
God is more interested in our availability than our ability.