Keeping track of config file changes

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Wed Jun 15 02:57:10 UTC 2005

What's the best way to keep track of all the config file changes I've made
over the years? I think it's kind of a lost cause on my existing machine,
but on the next one I'd like to quickly find the changes so when I do an
update of something that requires a new config, I can put the changes back
in. I'm thinking of putting something unique on each line I change, then
doing a big grep. I use CVS to track my own code, but it seems a bit
unwieldy for this application. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com