Upgrade from Redhat 9 to Fedora Core 3 - Search for answers

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 04:45:53 UTC 2005

On 6/14/05, Leila Lappin <damovand at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mark thanks for helping me out.
>
> Could you please tell me what these two lines, from my
> dmesg, mean?  Don't they indicate the type of device
> that I have?
>
>         hid-core.c: USB HID support drivers
>         mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice

Yes, they should. USB HID == USB Human Interface Device. It's one of
the sort of devices that USB supports. I've had to turn it on when I
build kernels to get support for my USB UPS's. I'd guess the message
is saying that the kernel has discovered a USB mouse that's compatible
with the PS2 protocols, but that's just a guess.