vputhen at cc.hut.fi vputhen at cc.hut.fi
Mon Jun 27 07:20:45 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am doing some work on 2.4.18 kernel. I got bcm5700 driver for a 3com Gigabit
ethernet card which I bought 2 years ago. My problem is that when I compile a
new kernel (with the same version but with other changes), I have to always
insmod it after the new kernel has booted up. Is there someway to load this
module in the kernel after compilation and before it is booted? I cannot find
broadcom in the list of vendors while configuring (make xconfig or make
menuconfig).

thankyou
vpv