accessing windows file in fedora core 3 Linux

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Mon Jun 27 18:32:59 UTC 2005

Aggrawal, Mohit wrote:
> Hello
>       I have installed fedora core 3 Linux on my machine which already
> has windows XP previously installed ....i was to access the windows file
> in linux ....can any body help me in doing that ????the file system in
> XP is NTFS ...!!
>   Thanks in advance
>       Mohit

Linux kernel can mount NTFS partitions provided that the appropriate
module (ntfs.o) is available. If the module is available, you can mount
NTFS partition with the command
mount -t ntfs <partition> <directory_where_is_should_be_mounted>

If the module is not available (as far as I can remember, it is not
included with compiled kernel in FC3), you should obtain package
'kernel-sources', recompile and install the kernel with NTFS support
enabled.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com