RHEL 3.0 and SuSE 9.0

Ammar Nassaj amnassaj at yahoo.de
Wed Jun 29 12:39:06 UTC 2005

Hallo Ilya,

thanks for your hints.

Well, i installed Redhat on another physical hard disk
and therefore it should be not on the same partition
as Suse.

when running cfdisk, i get the error message: Command
not found. It seems I do not have this tool.

Iam using now Grup boot manager and do not know how to
change to Lilo. the grup file (and lilo file) are
shown below. Can you advice me please what to do next?

As mensioned previously, windows and Suse are
installed on the first hard disk (Window on partition
C. Partitions D and E were reserved for Windows as
well. Suse was installed on the rest of this hard
disk).

Thanks alot.
Ammar

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making
changes to this file
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means
that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to
/boot/, eg.
#          root (hd1,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hdb2
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd1,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (2.4.21-32.0.1.EL)
	root (hd1,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.21-32.0.1.EL ro root=LABEL=/
hdc=ide-scsi
	initrd /initrd-2.4.21-32.0.1.EL.img
title DOS
	rootnoverify (hd0,0)