New server.

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jun 29 23:35:51 UTC 2005

Francisco Ruiz wrote:
> Will some one advice on OS and Server specs for server that will join a
> domain and authenticate users via domain and run 10 sessions of the ltsp
> it will also share one common share as a data base for 45 application
> sessions running on win machines.

Any standard RedHat Enterprise server product (ES/AS3 or ES/AS4) or
Fedora Core will do it.  You need to configure Samba to join the domain
and authenticate from the PDC.

I HIGHLY recommend you purchase the O'Reilly "Using Samba, 2nd Edition"
book for details on how to do it.  It's not difficult but more involved
than I can tell you on the list.
-      I won't rise to the occasion, but I'll slide over to it.      -