x-windows not working. locale not supported by Xlib

RamaRao kramarao at intoto.com
Wed Jun 29 12:04:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have installed Redhat 9.0 on my PC few days back. The x-windows installed
properly and is working fine. Yesterday I have installed yahoo messenger in
my PC and started using it. After few minutes some thing went wrong and
yahoo messenger got closed. After rebooting the PC, I am not able to start
x-windows. I reconfigured the x-windows using "redhat-config-xfree86
--reconfig" and the following error message came:
Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers
What could be the wrong and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

-RamaRao