Building a new computer(Solved)

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 15 18:55:54 UTC 2005

Please don't hijack threads by replying to a posting with completely
unrelated material, even if it's your own.  It screws up all kinds of
things.  Start a new message.

Also, please make your emailer wrap lines every 72 chars or so.  I'll
reformat this.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 12:10:49PM -0000, ajay chaudhary wrote:

> pls. tell me how can i assign root priviliges to an exsisting user
> or create new user with all root priviliges. i an using rh9.0

Creating a new user with root's uid (0) is generally regarded as a Bad
Idea.  What you want is "sudo".  "man sudo", "man sudoers", and "man
visudo" are your friends.

> regards
>
> ajay

Cheers,