File Associations

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 23 01:25:25 UTC 2005

brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> I'm having a problem with my file associations - I can't seem to
> get them changed.  I want to default to a different MP3 player
> and I've changed all the associations I can find yet it still
> pulls up the original player.  I've even gone as far as rebooting
> to see if that will do it and it doesn't work.
>
> Do I need to change these as Root?

Not as root.  If you're under Gnome, did you hit go through
"HatIcon->Preferences->File types and programs"?  That's where most
of them are.  Of course, Mozilla/Firefox have its own set under
"Edit->Navigator->Helper Apps"
-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -