TV tuner Installation steps.

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sat Mar 26 22:20:52 UTC 2005

Greetings Rathi ,

I have successfully configured a Pinnacle Studio PCTV with Redhat 7.3

First of all don't let Kudzu to do anything with your Pinnacle Card .
The best
thing he can do is create a mess .

Rathi Devi V wrote:
> Hello,
>  I need to install a tv tuner card (pinnacle PCTV
> stereo) on RH9.0. can someone suggest me how i cud do
> that. The card is not listed when i give lspci ..

What is the output of the  "lspci -vv "  ?

.

This is the output of my Card .

00:0c.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt848 Video
Capture (rev 12)
         Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
 >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
         Latency: 32 (4000ns min, 10000ns max)
         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
         Region 0: Memory at e3002000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]

All that needs to be done is to load the appropriate module .  So in
your /etc/modules.conf
you have to add the following lines :

alias char-major-81 bttv
options bttv card=39 tuner=14

Of course you have to put the correct card and tuner settings for your
card .

Find out where the source of your running kernel is , and then

/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST

The above named CARDLIST file is the file where you can find the
correct values for the card= and tuner= settings for your card .

> I tried to probe the card it with modprobe bttv and it
> failed saying insmod failed.even after specifying the
> card option.

What was the error message saying ?