Unresolvable chain of dependencies

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Mar 28 19:55:42 UTC 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    For the last week or so I've had a blinking red exclamation mark on
> our three machines here. When I try to run the Redhat Updater it
> eventually comes back and says:
>
> There was a package dependency problem. Message was:
>
> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
> mozilla-1.7.6-1.2.2  requires desktop-file-utils >= 0.9
>
> Please modify your package selections and try again.
>
> This seems to happen whether I choose to update Mozilla or not.
>
> 1) Is anyone else seeing this?

There's a thread on fedora-list about it.  The Fedora gang mistakenly
put FC3's dependency list on the FC2 mozilla RPM.  That's supposed to
be rectified now but your mirrors may not yet have it.

> 2) How to fix?

Wait for your mirror to update or go fetch it specifically off the
Red Hat Fedora repository.
-           This message printed using recycled bandwidth            -