Big Problem with installation cds

Roberto robgenna at tiscali.it
Sun May 1 20:14:14 UTC 2005

I'm again in trouble! Because I had a lot of problems with the cd-dvd drive,
I decided to reinstall it. Although I have now the same problems of reading
the cds in the installation too!!!!

In fact if I check media during the installation it says that the first disc
is all ok, but if I insert any of the others 3 installation cds it says that
there is no checksum, or that there is no media in the cd drive!!!!

But the really really strange thing, is that if I then reinsert the first cd
it now gives me the same problems of the other, it sounds like the problems
start when I open the cd drive..

Why is this happening?! I really don't know what to do..

I'm sorry to write all these mails, but I'm really new of linux and I really
want to learn it.

Thank you all so much

Roberto, Italy