need a technical solution please .

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed May 18 16:57:20 UTC 2005

Yazan Al-Sheyyab wrote:
> Hello ,
>
>  i have a problem when making the ( pool_tool -c system.pool ) command
>
>   the system.pool file is a file i build myself and related to a
> partition created from LVM (logical)
>  and i have 15 file like it.

You don't say if you're getting an error message or not.  Note that the
"system.pool" file MUST be a pool config file, since that's what the
"-c" flag specifies.  The config file format is available at:

http://www.pointer.gr/documents/Red%20Hat%20Cluster%20Suite/rh-gfs-en-6.0/rh-gfs-en-6.0/s1-pool-createconf.html

>   what is the problem here and how can i solve it and result to a pool
> written to the /dev/pool.
>
>    it write to me that it is unable to open the whole partitions created
> by lvm from (lvma-...lvmo)
>  each time i use this command.
>
>    and after that i cannot assemble them too.

Verify the format of the file first, then try your pool_tool command.
-                 IGNORE that man behind the keyboard!               -
-                                                - The Wizard of OS  -