Media check fails on disk3 RHEL-4

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon May 23 16:22:04 UTC 2005

Kim johansen wrote:
> When i run a media test on disk3 for RHEL-4 i got FAIL all the time.
>
> filename: RHEL4-i386-AS-disc3.iso
> md5sum: ff57b0f2c1323ca093f86f214c08a070
>
> The md5 checksum is okey.

Okay, the .iso _file_'s checksum is fine.  How about the MD5 checksum
on the burned CD?  Put the CD in the drive and use:

	md5sum /dev/cdrom

You should get the same checksum as you get from the .iso file.

NOTE:  Use the raw DEVICE name "/dev/cdrom" for this.  DO NOT use the
mounted volume "/media/cdrom".

> but:
>
> [kim at lotta cdrom]# cat .discinfo
> 1105116601.310480
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
> i386
> 3
> RedHat/base
> RedHat/RPMS
> RedHat/pixmaps
>
> [kim at lotta RedHat]# ls
> RPMS  TRANS.TBL
>
> why cant i find the base and pixmaps folder in the RedHat folder?

My guess is that the CD you burned is bad.  Do the checksum above to
find out.
-    I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!      -