post-NFS install problems

moey tony tonymoey at linuxmail.org
Tue May 24 14:39:13 UTC 2005

hi,

i tried "redhat-config-packages --isodir=/mnt/mymountednfs"
but it just crashed.

Sorry, I forgot to state that it wasn't installed with iso images shared on the NFS server.
I actually copied all the contents from each of the three CD's of RH9 to the NFS folder.

any other way to work around that? I hope it's not a bug...because i read somewhere in
bugzilla about something like this happening too.

I hope there's a workaround without having to update the packages :) because i got no hi-speed line
in the school's lab.

any help is much appreciated !

Regards,
Tony

> I hv installed some RH9 boxes via an NFS install some weeks ago.
> Recently, i needed to add some extra packages to those boxes and
> so, i ran redhat-config-packages. Problem is, it keeps asking me
> for the CD's,
> which i can't insert because i work in a school(where CD-ROM Drives
> for each PC ain't possible).
>
> How can i choose a different install tree? i ran the command
> redhat-config-packages --t=/mnt/somefolder(mounted from
> the original NFS share that held all my CD files) but it tells me
> it's not a valid source.
>
> i can't use yum nor up2date. i'd appreciate help in getting to
> point successfully back to the NFS server.

>Try "redhat-config-packages --isodir=/NFS/mount/point"

Click here to get FIREFOX browser...the browser you can Trust !