Wine on rh 8.0

Francisco Ruiz fruiz at tsitrucks.com
Tue May 24 17:32:07 UTC 2005

I have installed wine on a HR 8.0. I have a gui program that does not
write anything to the registry. This program works fine under
win95,98,2k and xp.  It accesses data on a shared folder on a sco box
running Visionfs.   The shared folder has rwx for everyone authenticated
and its not browsable from the windows nethood. In a configuration file
of the program there is an entry that lets the program know where to
look for the data files.   I have mounted the folder with a user that
has all these rights and it is properly authenticated.  I then
configured a wine drive with the path to this mounted share.  Also
configured the software to look on the wine configured drive for the
data, no luck.  I have also tried configuring the software running on
wine to look on \\machine\share, no luck either. If anyone can make any
sense out this will you advice?

F,Ruiz.
Data Systems Administrator.
Transportation Services Inc.