Problems with kernel

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 09:27:27 UTC 2005

To fix this problem, you need to enter the BIOS setup menu at boot time.

When the machine boots, you should see a message that says:

Press <F2> for Setup

or

Press <DEL> for Setup

Whatever it says, press that key when the message appears.  You only have a
window of a few seconds in which to do that.

Once you're in the BIOS, go to your Drives section and make sure that both
of your SATA drives are on.  Also, in the Drives section, go to the 'SATA
Operation' option and choose 'RAID Autodetect/ATA' instead of 'RAID ON'.

At least, that was my problem.  You may have to play around with this
(however, if you do, take note of what the original BIOS settings were).

Your BIOS configuration may be different but on the Dell Workstation 370,
those are the options you would see.  I don't know about the Dell Dimension.

Hope this helps,
Michael